Portland Metro Weatherization Services
The biggest threat to your home’s energy efficiency is weather and the elements. Sunlight will combat you trying to cool your home, surface and ground water can damage your home, and cold winds can have you wasting energy to heat your home. Weatherization services from our Portland Insulation Company. work to modify your home or commercial building so that you can reduce the amount of energy you use and increase your energy efficiency.
The Importance of Weatherization in Portland and the US
Buildings in the United States use about a third of all energy that’s consumed, and about two-thirds of all electricity. This makes them one of the biggest sources of pollution in the country, and that pollution contributes to urban air problems and climate change. Reducing your energy consumption is one way to help move toward a solution to these problems.
Our Portland weatherization and energy services will help make sure that your home or building is as energy efficient as possible. These services can help you reduce sulfur dioxide emissions, nitrous oxide emissions, and particulate emissions. Energy efficiency is about more than just cutting costs. It’s one of the best ways you can have a positive impact on your environment.
Energy Efficient Weatherization Solutions
Weatherization is a term that can be used for a number of different specific services. Our Portland weatherization specialists can help you determine which would be best for your home, and whether any are completely necessary. Our energy audits are a great way to help find any problem areas in your energy consumption.
Here are some of the most basic and popular weatherization procedures:
- Duct Sealing. If your air ducts have leaks, tears, or areas of detachment, you could be losing up to 20% of the heat or conditioned air that you’re creating. Our professionals can find where these problem areas are and repair your ducts so that your home is as energy efficient as possible. This won’t just help you conserve energy—it’ll also make your home more comfortable!
- Replacement Windows. Replacing your windows is a great way to reduce your heating and cooling costs and increase your energy efficiency. Replacement windows can get rid of drafts and the right kind of glass can even protect your home from UV rays. Our Portland weatherization specialists can help you choose the right windows for your home and help you take a step in the direction of lower energy consumption.
- Insulation. Making sure that you have proper insulation for your walls, floors, ceiling, ducts and pipes, and near your home’s foundation can help keep your home as energy efficient as possible.
This is only a sample of the types of weatherization that are available. Our Portland weatherization specialists can work with you to determine which services would be best for you home.
- Window Replacement Options For Portland, OR
Replacing your windows could make a remarkable difference in the energy efficiency of your Portland home. As much as 40% of the warmth your HVAC system generates can be lost through the windows. This is because glass does little to block heat as it transfers to the outdoors or from the outdoors in. Other than...Read More
- Duct Sealing Can Improve Home Energy Efficiency
An important area of a home which can waste a lot of energy is the HVAC air duct system. The ductwork in any house needs attention if it hasn’t been inspected in some time. The ductwork should be well insulated and sealed. If it is not, the air that’s treated by the forced air HVAC...Read More