Portland Metro Air Sealing
Air leaks can be found in a lot of homes, and they have a huge and negative effect on your efficiency. Cracks, small holes, and penetrations made in your home for plumbing, electricity, wiring, lighting, and ducts can all be points of entry and departure for air. Your heated and conditioned air can get out through these openings, and cold or hot air can get in, making it more difficult to achieve your preferred temperature in your home. So sealing any of these holes can significantly increase your home’s energy efficiency. And our Portland air sealing technicians from our Portland Insulation Company can take care of the job.
Our Portland air sealing professionals can inspect your home and determine exactly where any and all air is escaping and seal the holes. We’ll reduce air leakage as much as possible, while still leaving enough (proper) ventilation as you need to maintain fresh air indoors.
Benefits of Portland Air Sealing
- Unsealed cracks and holes in your home can lead to drafts, which make it difficult to either heat or cool your home. You could be losing up to 20% of the energy you’re using to heat or cool your home to these holes. Our energy services will greatly increase your energy efficiency. This means that you’ll be spending less on your monthly energy costs, and you’ll be helping to conserve energy and reduce pollution.
- Making it easier to heat and cool your home isn’t just good for your energy efficiency. While you’re paying less each month for your utilities, you’ll also find it easier to keep your home more comfortable.
Indoor Air Quality
- When your home is more properly sealed, there’s less of a chance for any outdoor pollutants to make their way inside. So the amount of humidity, pollen, dust, and pests that can enter your home is reduced, and the air inside your home will be safer to breathe..
Common Air Leak Locations
Most of the places in your home that are allowing air to escape will be hidden. Windows and doors can easily be places for you to lose air, but it’s more common for air leakage points to holes and penetrations through your home that aren’t quite so apparent. These spots can be difficult to get through—it’s often best to take care of them during the construction of your building—so you’ll need the help of our Portland air sealing professionals to find and repair them. Our experts have the tools and the know-how to get this job done, and no matter how difficult the task is, we’ll make sure your home is as energy efficient as possible.
- Insulation Options to Go Green
There are a number of insulation options that offer green solutions for your home’s weatherization. Alternative insulation can be made from a number of recycled materials including shredded denim, hemp, or sheep’s wool. This type of insulation contains a high level of recycled materials that will help you to save on energy costs. Whether you...Read More
- Top Reasons Milwaukee Weatherization is Important for Your Home
Part of being a responsible homeowner is knowing what tasks you need to address in order to take the best care of it possible. When it comes to living in Milwaukee, an important task to take care of is weatherization for your home. The single most biggest threat to your home’s energy-efficiency is weather. Keeping...Read More